Skip to main content

AFRIDI.

October 1996, a 16 year old boy gets drafted into the Pakistani squad for the four-team series as a replacement for legspinner Mushtaq Ahmed, nobody knows who he is. He debuts at no. 8 playing as a legspinner against Kenya and doesn't get to bat. The next match is against Sri Lanka, and he's instructed to go bat at no. 3 and just smash and what does he do? He scores the fastest century ever for the time being which by the way doesn't get bettered until several years later. He stuns everybody and shuts up the whole world's mouths.

There was that day, and there is this day, he made Pakistan cry today, he made them emotional, sad, depressed and he gave them so much to remember. He gave them uncountable records and not to mention, a legend. Transformed into a bowler, still the bowlers feared bowling against him. Every wicket celebrated in that trademark Boom boom style, whoa. heart emoticon

That's Sahibzaada Shahid Khan Afridi for you. No matter what he did, no matter if he couldn't perform in his last matches. He will be missed forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bottles, empty bottles

Our lives are like an empty bottle. Have you ever seen the motion of an empty bottle after you slightly interrupt it's motion at rest? It keeps tilting to right and left after you disturb it marginally. It keeps doing that for some minutes before it gets back to rest and stability. That's our life. Somebody comes in, out of the blue we never expected, we never heard of and disturbs our rest. Somebody comes and owns us. Most of them somebodies don't stay. They leave and then they interrupt the motion, life is startled and starts tilting here and there. There's no stability. It takes a lot of time to get it back to rest and happiness. It is like the basic rule of life. That person changes you forever, changes the way you think, the way you progress and the way you act. The way you make decisions. It all depends on that person. 

Singing myself to sleep.

Call me at 4 in the morning and I'll listen to those ecstatic giggles and possibly drown. Yeah, I'll definitely drown in a giant pot of honey, milk and vanilla, and possibly chocolate since it's your favorite. Your flaws always invited me in, even when my instincts didn't. I knew you'd the best and worst type of addiction the moment I stepped in, but I couldn't pull myself away not because it was so hard, it was probably the hardest but because I didn't want to. Somebody like you only comes once a millennium and the second I stared your smile for just a little bit too long, I knew this is my chance, this is my escape, my addiction and my way out. This is my muse, the walls of my heart sang and when I heard similar melodies from your heart, it was like the fourth of July, like Christmas, like Eid inside me. Everybody was happy, and I still remember how you smiled then and how you smile now. You grew gorgeous every passing seconds and I don't know what wo

Incomplete..... Just as my life.

I always wonder about why people say that the time after 1 am is the hardest one. And I wonder why people always make confessions during that time. And I always wonder about why people get sad and nostalgic during these hours. I always think about why would you think about a person at these hours when you are totally free, why not when you are totally busy and amidst this busyness of this world? It would just simply imply that whatever you had with whomever the person, it was during leisure and alone time. That would just imply that whatever you had, love, lust, friendship, relationship or I don't want to put a label on it, was weak. The bond you had was weak. Missing somebody at leisure hours is something anybody can do, like literally anybody. Remembering somebody, wanting somebody, desiring something in your leisure time, what's the bravery in that? What's the speciality in that? Why would it make that person happy or at all? There is nothing so outstanding in it. Why w