Skip to main content

A letter.

I had to write something. I have been burning and I need to spit this fire out. Past few days have not been really kind to me, but I do not complain. I am patient, or at least I try to be. I wanted to write a proper letter, to her, and to myself. But then I realized I always consider us a whole so why the individuality now?


Dear Hamza,

You have been very harsh on yourself lately. You have not been giving yourself the care and the love you deserve and it does not make me content. You have been blaming yourself for things you didn't really commit to and you have been admonishing yourself on acts you didn't realize the importance of. I know you have made mistakes, in fact a lot of them and you have wasted a lot of time recently, but it still does not mean that you start treating yourself like you never did anything good. You need to feel good, eat better and be happy. You need to work enough to make yourself satisfied. Yes, you have been misusing excessive time and you need to learn, but it is not the end of the world.

“Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time.” 
― Paulo CoelhoThe Alchemist

There are second chances, and thirds and so on. As long as you are breathing, every passing moment is an opportunity and every passing second a chance to do something. Now's not the time to let yourself down. Now's not the time to be depressed.

The second part of this letter is to, obviously, the other half of mine. Hii. I really wonder what do I say or do but I always manage to screw everything up. I always manage to do something that hurts you and I don't know what's wrong with me, really. Maybe it's the fact that I am going through a tough time right now, but I am not going to blame it on anything else except myself. I am responsible for it. I make choices that are not near right. Bear with me, stay with me, I promise it'll be worth it. I know I have been caught in these blazed fury of complexity and messy hot water but I will get out of it. You want to know how I know I will? Because it's what people do. Allah always helps. It all becomes fine at a point. It'll all be fine and everything will work out. There's always a way or should I say, there's always an escape.

I know there are no special words being used in this letter but you can smell my hands on every word. I open up my chest and every word comes blunt from the heart. I know there is no excuse for what I did, but I strive. Every passing day is a day closer to our coming together. I know this letter is not near as good as any of my previous writings and I'll get the words again, but recently I have came across the belief that actions matter more than words. Maybe that's the explanation behind my not being able to use beautiful words but I'll find them. I always do. Take care of yourself.

Yours truly,
Hamza.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bottles, empty bottles

Our lives are like an empty bottle. Have you ever seen the motion of an empty bottle after you slightly interrupt it's motion at rest? It keeps tilting to right and left after you disturb it marginally. It keeps doing that for some minutes before it gets back to rest and stability. That's our life. Somebody comes in, out of the blue we never expected, we never heard of and disturbs our rest. Somebody comes and owns us. Most of them somebodies don't stay. They leave and then they interrupt the motion, life is startled and starts tilting here and there. There's no stability. It takes a lot of time to get it back to rest and happiness. It is like the basic rule of life. That person changes you forever, changes the way you think, the way you progress and the way you act. The way you make decisions. It all depends on that person. 

Singing myself to sleep.

Call me at 4 in the morning and I'll listen to those ecstatic giggles and possibly drown. Yeah, I'll definitely drown in a giant pot of honey, milk and vanilla, and possibly chocolate since it's your favorite. Your flaws always invited me in, even when my instincts didn't. I knew you'd the best and worst type of addiction the moment I stepped in, but I couldn't pull myself away not because it was so hard, it was probably the hardest but because I didn't want to. Somebody like you only comes once a millennium and the second I stared your smile for just a little bit too long, I knew this is my chance, this is my escape, my addiction and my way out. This is my muse, the walls of my heart sang and when I heard similar melodies from your heart, it was like the fourth of July, like Christmas, like Eid inside me. Everybody was happy, and I still remember how you smiled then and how you smile now. You grew gorgeous every passing seconds and I don't know what wo

Incomplete..... Just as my life.

I always wonder about why people say that the time after 1 am is the hardest one. And I wonder why people always make confessions during that time. And I always wonder about why people get sad and nostalgic during these hours. I always think about why would you think about a person at these hours when you are totally free, why not when you are totally busy and amidst this busyness of this world? It would just simply imply that whatever you had with whomever the person, it was during leisure and alone time. That would just imply that whatever you had, love, lust, friendship, relationship or I don't want to put a label on it, was weak. The bond you had was weak. Missing somebody at leisure hours is something anybody can do, like literally anybody. Remembering somebody, wanting somebody, desiring something in your leisure time, what's the bravery in that? What's the speciality in that? Why would it make that person happy or at all? There is nothing so outstanding in it. Why w