Skip to main content

Singing myself to sleep.

Call me at 4 in the morning and I'll listen to those ecstatic giggles and possibly drown. Yeah, I'll definitely drown in a giant pot of honey, milk and vanilla, and possibly chocolate since it's your favorite. Your flaws always invited me in, even when my instincts didn't. I knew you'd the best and worst type of addiction the moment I stepped in, but I couldn't pull myself away not because it was so hard, it was probably the hardest but because I didn't want to. Somebody like you only comes once a millennium and the second I stared your smile for just a little bit too long, I knew this is my chance, this is my escape, my addiction and my way out. This is my muse, the walls of my heart sang and when I heard similar melodies from your heart, it was like the fourth of July, like Christmas, like Eid inside me. Everybody was happy, and I still remember how you smiled then and how you smile now. You grew gorgeous every passing seconds and I don't know what would I do without you. I have forgotten living, and I only breathe you. You became my oxygen and the reason my heart pumps. Maybe that's why blood rushes into my face and my heart starts pumping rapidly whenever it's blessed with the most spectacular of sights involving you. Visions of you in my arms keep me up at night and for someone who loved nothing more than sleep, I'm doing quite stunningly. Yet somehow I don't care about it, the only loop my heart comes to at a stop is, plainly, simply, beautifully you. I crave you and I'm going to get you. Let's curl up in a thin blanket in the freezing cold winter nights under the moon and warm ourselves up. Let me listen and inhale the air you breathe. We could watch the sun rise up or you could fall asleep in my arms and I'd probably stare at you instead of the sun rising. I don't know what would be more awe-inspiring, watching the sun rise with you or holding you while you rest in my arms. I'll take my chances. Come in front of me and take my breath away. Hold my hands and make it spine tingling. You make my nights and my days even if you are so distant, but the very thought of what you will do when you'll be here, near to me, within my reach, I just wonder what would you do then. The power you'll be able to hold would be so majestic but you're a queen and it'll be a walk in the park for you. So I sleep now, with this thought in my mind that you'll be here, someday, definitely soon enough, allowing me to take care of you. This thought is the only thing that calms me down and rests my body every night. So I give myself away to you, piece by piece, day by day, for you are the one who deserves every part of me and for you are the one who owns this. By the time you arrive, every bit of me will call out your name in the most violent yet calm way and you'd know where you belong.

And that's how I sing myself to sleep . 

Comments

  1. So amazingly good. The start has it clicking moment, the middle went just in the right pace and Beautifully ended. Let's be honest, either you've got your muse back or there's something else but that's the real piece of You, right here. You were kind of less impressive in the past few writings (hehe) but yes Hamza, this piece is so so so good.

    "Call me at 4 in the morning and I'll listen to those ecstatic giggles and possibly drown."
    "By the time you arrive, every bit of me will call out your name in the most violent yet calm way and you'd know where you belong."
    These two are so perfect, and... I can go on, haha but I made my point. Really worth reading again & again.

    - Rameen.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha wow. I am so sorry for being so ignorant but I did not see this comment before. This one, right here, by you, makes me smile so wide. Thank you would be an understatement. And the truth is, I never knew if anybody even comments here. I almost never bother to check them out so I am really sorry.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suqaina. I can't believe this comment has been sitting in my "Awaiting moderation" section for so long. The truth is I never thought anybody comments on my pieces so apologies for being so ignorant. Your comment is gold. Haha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bottles, empty bottles

Our lives are like an empty bottle. Have you ever seen the motion of an empty bottle after you slightly interrupt it's motion at rest? It keeps tilting to right and left after you disturb it marginally. It keeps doing that for some minutes before it gets back to rest and stability. That's our life. Somebody comes in, out of the blue we never expected, we never heard of and disturbs our rest. Somebody comes and owns us. Most of them somebodies don't stay. They leave and then they interrupt the motion, life is startled and starts tilting here and there. There's no stability. It takes a lot of time to get it back to rest and happiness. It is like the basic rule of life. That person changes you forever, changes the way you think, the way you progress and the way you act. The way you make decisions. It all depends on that person. 

Incomplete..... Just as my life.

I always wonder about why people say that the time after 1 am is the hardest one. And I wonder why people always make confessions during that time. And I always wonder about why people get sad and nostalgic during these hours. I always think about why would you think about a person at these hours when you are totally free, why not when you are totally busy and amidst this busyness of this world? It would just simply imply that whatever you had with whomever the person, it was during leisure and alone time. That would just imply that whatever you had, love, lust, friendship, relationship or I don't want to put a label on it, was weak. The bond you had was weak. Missing somebody at leisure hours is something anybody can do, like literally anybody. Remembering somebody, wanting somebody, desiring something in your leisure time, what's the bravery in that? What's the speciality in that? Why would it make that person happy or at all? There is nothing so outstanding in it. Why w